Get to Know Me...

My photo
A graduate of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. Hardworking, competent, and persistent to job prospects. I never give up, even if it takes me a hundred tries. I can easily adapt to new working conditions with considerable training and conditioning. I have good communication skills and relate appropriately with various types of personalities; gifted with a charm in dealing with people. People know me as someone who loves to socialize. That even on my worst day, I have the gift of the gab. Despite of my weaknesses and gaps, I can still be able to work things out. I make my life out to be exactly how I want it and there is always a touch of art in everything I do.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Internet Filtering Software: A help to Parents!

Free Speech Rights Apply in Cyberspace...(adopted)

The US Supreme Court has ruled that free-speech rights granted under the Constitution apply in cyberspace. Reno v. ACLU (No. 96-511, June 26, 1997), a historic ruling released June 26, 1997, strikes down two key provisions of the Communications Decency Act, a federal law that sought to impose restrictions on material placed on the internet.

The Court also acknowledged the availability of systems that have been developed to help parents control material that maybe accessed through a home computer with Internet access (examples include Net Nanny, SurfWatch and Cyber Patrol). Such filtering software can be used to limit a computer’s access to only an approved list of sources that have been identified as containing no adult material or may be configured to block designated inappropriate sites. It may also be set up to block messages containing identifiable objectionable features.






 With these Internet filtering software, it could really be a help to parents.


Source:  http://www.gahtan.com/alan/articles/cda-lawt.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment